Thursday, June 20, 2019

Joy - Until we meet again!

Nordstern's Belle Ode to Joy" (Joy)
by Ute Molush
29/06/2004 - 28/05/2019

Run free, little wolf-girl, over the rainbow bridge, and let the wind caress your soft fur. Wait for me on the other side ~ I will follow and we will be together again.


I had to say good-bye to my "soul dog" Joy at the age of 14 years and 11 months. She leaves a gaping hole in my heart and I will try to find a way to live with it. Born at our house, into my hand, daughter of my beloved Laika who left so early. Joy had big shoes to fill - she became the leader of the pack - with dignity and pride and the innate ability to command respect. Nobody dared to challenge her.
We were so close. She read my mind, I read her eyes. Communication without words - endless dedication and unconditional love on both sides. The wolf-girl and I were one.
Even during her last hard days her eyes searched for mine - for guidance and approval in a world that had become painful and confusing to her. 


Almost 15 years. My heart is shattered. Until we meet again...